The Judy Baar Topinka Foundation is so proud of this year’s CAHME/Judy Baar Topinka Foundation Scholarship. The scholarship is designed to help graduate students as they face the ever increasing costs of being a student especially during residencies where often they are unpaid. The Judy Baar Topinka Foundation would like to offer more types of these scholarship in Judy’s name. Consider a donation to help our future healthcare leaders.
Along with generous corporate partners, foundations, board, and personal donations, CAHME takes great pride in recognizing through our CAHME Awards program those programs and their students that have distinguished themselves.
This year’s recipients will be honored during the CAHME Award Ceremony at ACHE Congress on Sunday, March 19, 2023, and are acknowledged in the January 17, 2023 edition of Modern Healthcare.
- The CAHME/ Canon Solutions America Award for Sustainability in Healthcare Management recipient is the George Mason University – Master’s in Health System Management Program, recognized for excellence in sustainability as a combination of cultural competency, community involvement, environmental focus, and accessibility.
- The CAHME/George and Regi Herzlinger Innovation Education Award recipient is the Boise State University – Master in Population & Health Systems Management Program in collaboration with the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), recognized for excellence in providing a foundation in the principles of innovation for future leaders to be the change needed in healthcare.
- The CAHME/Sachs Family Foundation in Honor of Michael A Sachs for Entrepreneurs in Healthcare Management recipient is Michael Allgood, MSHA Candidate from the University of Louisville. Michael overcame many obstacles to pursue his dream of becoming a healthcare manager and focuses his career in service to the community.
- The CAHME/Dawn Gideon Foundation Scholarship for Women Supporting Communities in Need recipient is Adriana Kotchkoski, MHA Candidate from the University of Iowa. Adriana is passionate about enhancing the patient experience and improving their interaction with the healthcare system through community-based service organizations.
- The CAHME/Judy Baar Topinka Foundation Scholarship for Health Policy recipient is Thomas Levu, MHSA Candidate from Georgetown University. Thomas dedicates his knowledge in healthcare and in law to offer pro bono legal assistance to indigent clients to ensure access to vital health services.
- The CAHME/Tim Campbell Scholarship for Selfless Service to Others and the Community recipient is Steven Mosher, MSHA Candidate from Virginia Commonwealth University. Steven’s service to US veterans transcends his role as the Chief Biomedical Engineer in the VA to creating a culture focused on employees, veterans and their family.
- The CAHME/Fawn Lopez Future Leaders Award recipient is Lilian Abbo, MD, MBA Candidate at the University of Miami. Dr. Abbo is a patient advocate, health system leader and frontline disease expert managing infection prevention and antimicrobial stewardship through a complex ecosystem in Miami, Florida.
Visit cahme.org/awards to learn more.
Leadership and commitment to the common good is flourishing through CAHME’s Accredited programs and their students. Congratulations to these exceptional programs and students who are advancing the quality of healthcare management education.